Tuesday, June 15, 2010

JUNE 14TH, 2010

Wow how crazy is that? (Plane crash and School burning) Thats sad. Poor family. And Rylee, I can just imagine how scared he was. Man thats so wierd that they are going to have a new high school when I get home.

So my new sector is the bomb it´s the best sector in Ecuador it´s amazing, but it´s freezing though. There are a lot of Octavalins here so they have about 3 different languages. Everyone speaks a little different because the people from Colombia talk wierd, the Octavalins speak Cetchawa, something like that, and than there is Ecuadorian Spanish. It´s an amazing place though, we are the highest city in Ecuador. The members here are awesome too. They help a ton and yeah, just everything about this place is bomb.

So today we went to climb this mountain with Washington and Dario, two kids that are about to put there papers in. Washington is de Octavalo so he is teaching me a little bit, so I will know spanish and a little Cetchawa. On the mountain, I bet we were 14,000 ft up, crazy huh? I got sunburnt this whole week. The sun is so so strong here, I look like an Indian haha. Next week we are climbing a mountain called Los Chiles, it´s about 16,000 ft., so I will take pictures and show you guys how high we are, higher than I will ever be in America.

The work here is amazing too because the members help so much. The church is so young here, it seems like everyone has been baptized within like the last 2 years. My comp is way way cool. We work so hard together and we have like the same personality, so I am having a ball. All my companions have been awesome and plus Elder Hilden, he was in my MTC district, he´s here with me which is tight. The downfalls of this place is that my comp is a district leader so every week so we have to travel 3 hours to Ibarra and 3 hours back through horrible mountains in horrible buses. And to get to the leader meeting it takes an hour than turn around and come home. Then we have to go to Quito like 2 times this change and thats like 6 hours there and back on horrible buses, through horrible mountains.

So I just got an email from one of my investigators from Santo Domingo. She just got her temple recommend and is going to the temple on Thursday with the ward. I am so excited for her. She has come so far and had the roughest life, but yeah she´s doing way way good. I will tell you guys more about her someday. So this next week I am going to Quito to get my feet checked on and go to the dentist so hopefully I get that paqckage before than.

Nothing much to say. Oh, my camera broke. I don´t know what happened so I think I will send it back and see if you guys can use the warranty to get a new one. But I love you guys so much and thanks for everything that your doing for me.

Tell everyone that i love them and miss them. Bye.

Love, Elder Hamblin

No comments:

Post a Comment

MTC

MTC
At the MTC

Its what we do!

First Class, long story..

Listen to evansmissions Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Farewell Taco Sunday